Old 06-09-2011, 03:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default Too many carbs!

its nice to hear a good report about a medical facility, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
My dad is now on the floor where they do physical therapy. My mom called
in his lunch order and tried to get him a taco salad and penne pasta They
wouldn't let her do that. It was too many carbs. I think the penne had
15 g but am not sure. He did have that for dinner tonight and it wasn't
an overly large portion.

The taco salad came in a nice looking edible bowl but it was made of a
corn tortilla and not one of those fried flour things. 45 g of carb, or
it would have been had he eaten the shell. He did not. Just ate the
salad and a raw veggie plate. Also a sugar free Jell-O.

So Swedish is on top of things when it comes to diabetic diets. Yes, I
know some of you would be mortified at that many carbs. He does take
basal insulin all of the time and he is on basal. I don't know how they
figure his basal. I was worried that he'd go hypo because he didn't eat
the carb portion of his meal. But he did not. The test BG before every
meal.