Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Too many carbs!

My dad is now on the floor where they do physical therapy. My mom called in
his lunch order and tried to get him a taco salad and penne pasta They
wouldn't let her do that. It was too many carbs. I think the penne had 15
g but am not sure. He did have that for dinner tonight and it wasn't an
overly large portion.

The taco salad came in a nice looking edible bowl but it was made of a corn
tortilla and not one of those fried flour things. 45 g of carb, or it would
have been had he eaten the shell. He did not. Just ate the salad and a raw
veggie plate. Also a sugar free Jell-O.

So Swedish is on top of things when it comes to diabetic diets. Yes, I know
some of you would be mortified at that many carbs. He does take basal
insulin all of the time and he is on basal. I don't know how they figure
his basal. I was worried that he'd go hypo because he didn't eat the carb
portion of his meal. But he did not. The test BG before every meal.