Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 9/4/2011 6:22 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Tiger > wrote:

: > : The is an elderly couple who take a taxi to/from the restaurant every
: > : day for their dinner. Dinner is 4:30 pm for them and they take home 1/2
: > : the senior's portion they just ate. The lady indicates that a soft
: > : boiled egg, toast and coffee is their morning meal; the left overs are
: > : their mid day meal; dinner ensures they have at least lunch at home the
: > : next day.
: >
: > : i didn't define elderly
: > : he's 102 and she's 97
: >
: > : kate
: >
: > Do they have a senior feeding program either like senior lunches for a
: > small fee or meals on wheels whic bring a prepared meal to the house 5 das
: > a week? The other meals woul only entail light shopping that your mother
: > could learn to do or that one of you could send over or oder from the
: > computer.
: >
: > Wendy

: Wendy, Meals on Wheels provides this service to the elderly. I don't
: know about the remote area that Julie's parents live in. I know some
: restaurants make your choice from 10 items, prepared in advance, frozen
: and you only need to reheat them. These would be more upscale meals and
: typically are a touch more appealing than the meals on wheels options.

: kate

In the very rural Margateville area there is a senior feeding program at
the local Methodist church(not church run, but gov't run) it has a luch
program for those who can travel or be bussed there and home delivered
meals for those who are homebound. Menus issues monthly-no choice, but
very inexpensive and standard institutional nutritions. Many of the town
have a similar program in Delaware county. Judging from the number of
food stores that Julie seems to have available at less than 50 miles away,
I would say that her area is far less rural than Delaware County.

Wendy