Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Making rice balls as dessert

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I am thinking about making that real sticky rice, and rolling it into
> balls, and then rolling them in coconut flakes. What else should I do?
> Add cinnamon to the rice, and maybe some brown sugar. After I make the
> rolls, should I bake them for about a half hour or so. Thanks for the
> suggestions. I gave up on using tomatoes for dessert as I asked in an
> earlier post. I would like to make a dessert that is not too sweet,
> and the dessert comes out as individual servings.

Hi Tom, lots of ways to make them. You've listed a fairly
european/American treatment there and it works well. No need to bake
them though. Just mix and ball up on wax paper in the fridge. You may
like the flavor of a little 'chinese 5 spice' added to that set.

Alternatives are to add a little sweet aduki bean or softened dried
fruit and make little balls or a bamboo mat rollup you cut after
chilling almost like sushi.