Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

RodS > wrote:
: On 1/09/2011 10:08 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
: >
: > "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> Janet > wrote:
: >> : Julie Bove wrote:
: >> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: >> : > ...
: >> : >>
: >> : >> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: >> : >> ...
: >> : >>>
: >> : >>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: >> : >>
: >> : >>>> I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do
: >> : >>>> you get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe
: >> : >>>
: >> : >>> Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.
: >> : >>
: >> : >> Cadbury is the brand.
: >> : >
: >> : > Ohhhhhh. Cadbury used to be widely available here. Now we can only
: >> : > get it at places that sell imported foods. I believe it is a
: >> : > Canadian brand. I will look for it.
: >>
: >> : Cadbury is an English brand. It is their equivalent of Hershey or
: >> Nestle,
: >> : and not particularly good IMNSHO, although it is better than
: >> Hershey. It is
: >> : sold in supermarkets here.
: >>
: >> : I admit a fondness for Mint Aeros, dating back to my schooldays in
: >> England.
: >> : Since then, they've come out with an orange flavor that is even
: >> better. But
: >> : the orange is not available here.
: >>
: >> I used to like the Cabury's Quality Street assortment . when I wa a
: >> teenaer I thought it the height of sophiticated candy-imported from
: >> England and that nice tin. How tastes and times change:-)
: >>
: >> There was a wonderful very hard butterscotch candy whose name is missing.
: >> something like Cadwallenders,. It came in rectanglar blocks, marked in
: >> squares, wrapped in silver paper in boxes with, IIRC two blocks about
: >> 4"x2 2/1" Boy was that good!
: >
: > Oh yes, butter scotch. Hard to get a good one these days.
: >
: >

: You tried the Werthers sugar free one ... not bad :-)

: I don't think Cherry Ripe has been the same since Cadbury
: started making them in the 60's (well they don't taste the same as when
: I was a kid :-))

: originally made by MacRobertson who was the guy who sponsored the
: original London to Australia air race in the 30's
: they also made the original Freddo, Old Gold and Snack

: Still haven't had one in years ... bugga now you got me thinking about
: those cherries coconut and dark chocolate.

: (- -)
: RodS T2
: Australia

Not bad, but it makes you want to keep eating them and that can result in
gastric explosions!

Wendy