Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 1/09/2011 10:08 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>

>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Janet > wrote:
>>> : Julie Bove wrote:
>>> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> : > ...
>>> : >>
>>> : >> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> : >> ...
>>> : >>>
>>> : >>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> : >>
>>> : >>>> I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit.
>>> Do
>>> : >>>> you get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe
>>> : >>>
>>> : >>> Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.
>>> : >>
>>> : >> Cadbury is the brand.
>>> : >
>>> : > Ohhhhhh. Cadbury used to be widely available here. Now we can
>>> only
>>> : > get it at places that sell imported foods. I believe it is a
>>> : > Canadian brand. I will look for it.
>>>
>>> : Cadbury is an English brand. It is their equivalent of Hershey or
>>> Nestle,
>>> : and not particularly good IMNSHO, although it is better than
>>> Hershey. It is
>>> : sold in supermarkets here.
>>>
>>> : I admit a fondness for Mint Aeros, dating back to my schooldays in
>>> England.
>>> : Since then, they've come out with an orange flavor that is even
>>> better. But
>>> : the orange is not available here.
>>>
>>> I used to like the Cabury's Quality Street assortment . when I wa a
>>> teenaer I thought it the height of sophiticated candy-imported from
>>> England and that nice tin. How tastes and times change:-)
>>>
>>> There was a wonderful very hard butterscotch candy whose name is
>>> missing.
>>> something like Cadwallenders,. It came in rectanglar blocks, marked
>>> in
>>> squares, wrapped in silver paper in boxes with, IIRC two blocks
>>> about
>>> 4"x2 2/1" Boy was that good!

>> Oh yes, butter scotch. Hard to get a good one these days.
>>

> You tried the Werthers sugar free one ... not bad :-)
>
> I don't think Cherry Ripe has been the same since Cadbury
> started making them in the 60's (well they don't taste the same as
> when I was a kid :-))
>
> originally made by MacRobertson who was the guy who sponsored the
> original London to Australia air race in the 30's
> they also made the original Freddo, Old Gold and Snack
>
> Still haven't had one in years ... bugga now you got me thinking about
> those cherries coconut and dark chocolate.

Lol. Snack and Freddos don't taste the same to me anymore. Perhaps we
were less discerning when younger

I used to love Fantales but for a few years now they have been rather
unpleasant. And too soft now. I like Werther's, not as good as some but
a pretty good one. Haven't tasted the sugar free ones. I would rather
have a real one every so often. I used to buy a fabulous one in David
Jones food hall but can't remember the brand.