Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

Ozgirl wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you
>>> get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

>> Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

> Cadbury is the brand.

I've never heard of it, but I do know the song that the name refers to.

Personally, if just eating a bar, I prefer a GOOD milk chocolate. (Not
Hershey!) But bars are not my favorite way to eat chocolate. I prefer
ganache and truffles. I like ganaches for cakes to be made with good dark
couverture, and truffles with a combination of milk and dark.

The truffles I sell are usually a combination of two chocolates selected
from a palette of three, all single bean origin El Rey from Venezuela: Gran
Saman (70%, dark and earthy), Mijao (61%, dark and smooth), Caoba (41%, a
milk chocolate with caramel notes that contains a lot more cocoa mass than
most milk chocolates). I combine them differently depending on the flavor
I'm aiming at. Most of them are dipped in Mijao, although a few milk
chocolate ones are dipped in Caoba (Peppermint Mochaccino, Latte Amaretto,
and Mint Julep).

In my experience, people talk a lot of BS about how they "only like dark
chocolate." Usually while they are scarfing down my truffles made with half
Caoba, dipped in Mijao. Normally I don't tell them what they are raving
about. I recall one stupid young woman who was reaching for a second sample
who actually drew her hand back when I told her that contained some milk
chocolate. On that occasion I couldn't resist telling her that she wouldn't
ever have known if I hadn't told her. The milk chocolate is there to give
the ganache extra creaminess and a little sweetness. It doesn't dominate the
flavor.