Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Foxfire Books Recipes

Pico Rico tagged on:

>> On 8/31/2011 8:32 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> The Foxfire Books. 1972. These books have some interesting recipes from
>>> the folks who live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I love how
>>> vague they can be. This is like reading one of my grandmother's recipes.
>>> She just assumed everyone knew how long and at what temperature to cook
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Brunswick Stew

> cook stew at a low simmer, until is done. You need a cookbook to tell you
> that?

If you use canned vegetables as the recipe suggests, everything is *already*
done, since you start off with cooked meat. That doesn't look like any
"real" Brunswick stew recipe that I've ever seen. In fact, it looks like it
came straight off the set of "Semi-Homemade".

Bob