Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Halloween

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 8/30/2011 1:20 PM, KROM wrote:
>> that's a pretty smart solution!
>>
>> most of us have jugs or cans of pennies etc we never turn in..lol
>>
>> I have a 6 pound protein powder jug full of coins.
>>

>> KROM
>>

>> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>>
>> one year we let it sneak up on us, and i sell candy !!! when dh saw the
>> first batch of kids come up the walk he freaked out... he went to the
>> bedroom and came back with either pennies or nickles, can't remember,
>> then
>> he went to the kitchen got a tablespoon, so when they got there he asked
>> each kid how old they were and then whatever their age they got to scoop
>> that many times... must have been pennies or nickles... the limit was 12
>> because he thought older than that was too old to be t/t anyway... Lee

>>> If a person knows they cannot deal well with temptation, how about
>>> praising them for thinking ahead and avoiding the situation rather
>>> than saying in a very superior manner that they "can't control
>>> themselves"? Avoiding temptation IS a means of controlling oneself, at
>>> least for us lesser mortals.
>>>
>>> Making stuff is a waste of time, IMHO, since everyone has been
>>> conditioned to believe that anything not in a manufacturer's wrapping
>>> is potentially dangerous. (The only known case of actual candy
>>> poisoning was a father who poisoned his own children, according to an
>>> article in the Atlantic I read years ago, but that doesn't stop the
>>> idiots masquerading as journalists on the TV from trotting out their
>>> ridiculous advice about "checking treats" before your kid eats them
>>> every single year.)
>>>
>>> The goodie bag approach would be awfully expensive if you had more
>>> than just a few kids. I personally see no difference between the fruit
>>> rollups Julie describes and a box of raisins.
>>>
>>> But of course, YMMV.
>>>

> Krom, the younger kids (up to 6 to 8) really like this option
>
> after that, they would rather have 2 of the halloween choc bars

I liked getting money when I was a kid so long as it was enough to buy
something with. In those days you could get a candy bar for a nickel.
Actually you could still get a tiny gumball for a penny. I believe the
larger gumballs and even the "penny" candy cost 2 cents in those days. If I
got just a penny, I wasn't so thrilled.

I really didn't like getting a toothbrush or a religious tract though.