mithunchowdhury mithunchowdhury is offline
Experienced Member

There are many variations of this traditional Bolivian dish, probably as many as there are cooks. I chose this particular one because it was simple, straightforward and, as it was written for a non-Bolivian audience, I could understand the list of ingredients. Finding the yellow pepper, proved a challenge, none of my local stores carried it. I finally found it at the Supermercados Vallarta in Los Angeles, but then only in sauce rather than powder form. Using that was my major deviation from the original recipe.

I didn't think much of the final results. While spicy, I felt the chicken lacked flavor. Mike, however, really liked it as did Mika (though the sauce was too spicy for her). I served it with steamed rice; boiled potatoes and a tomato/onion sauce are other classical accompaniments.