Ray

Default High pH - wine won't keep long - why not?

The higher the pH the more sulphite that is needed to protect the wine from
spoilage and the shorter the shelf life. I can't get more exact than that.
I have tried to keep some high pH, high TA wines for extended periods with
very poor results. My rule now is, if the pH is high and I can't
conveniently bring it down, drink it.

Ray

om...