Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Hi everybody

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Cheri > wrote:
> : > On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 20:52:57 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> : > > wrote:
> : >>Question aboaut the chicken feet. had hey been cleaned(skinned,
> etc) I
> : >>remember my mother singing the feet over the gas burner to get
> the sin
> : >>and hairy stuff off. Just wondering.
> : >>
> : >>Wendy
>
> : Apparently chicken feet are very popular with the Hispanics so there
> are
> : cleaned chicken feet in just about every store where I am.
>
> : Cheri
>
> They were very popular with my mother and grandmothers for making
> soup,
> but for years seemed to have been unavailable. they used to come 2
> feet
> per chicken:-)
>
> Wendy

We used to kill our own chickens and I'm pretty sure my mother would
have used the feet for something. I know my brother once put a chicken
foot in each hand and pulled his jumper sleeves down a little so it
looked like he had chicken feet for hands. He brought the feet around
the front of a girl's face in class who he was sitting behind
Surprisingly he never got expelled. In later years chickens were quite
cheap to buy so mum gave up growing them but she was very upset when
they stopped putting a bag full of giblets that they use to stuff in the
cavity when commercial chickens became popular. Next to go with
commercial chickens was the neck. I think if they had got rid of the
parson's nose she would have been apoplectic