Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

Steve Pope wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>>The problem with water retention is it has sources other than sodium.

> Shouldn't a large enough study average out these effects?

With the result being the first N pounds of loss needs to be ignored.
Find the water retention swing of a lot of people and pick a value a few
standard deviations out. That's why I suggested the first 10 needs to
be ignored.

Still pondering how to do a metastudy that shows what percentage of
dieters keep it off versus what percent of diets continue to work.
Since the vast majority of diets are uncontrolled how to get accurate
data ...