Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Hi everybody

"Alan S" > wrote in message
news
>>Cheri

> I won't dwell on it Cheri. Partly because it hurts too much.
>
> It wasn't Kurt or Bob who chased me out. I could always handle them.
> Barbs from known enemies don't puncture the skin. But wounds from
> friends go deep.
>
> In December I reported the publication of my book.
> >

> As a brand new nervous author I was naively hoping for a little bit of
> praise, or at least a cyber-pat on the head. A few people did respond
> that way. But I was very hurt and shocked when some I had thought were
> friends treated me like a spammer. I thought I had earned the right
> with a presence helping newbies over the years to treatment a little
> kinder than that.
>
> I received a very different response on other forums. I'm human. I
> stayed where I felt I was appreciated. I departed a place where I
> obviously wasn't.
>
> I had been there since 2002. And I still feel I learned more on asd
> and mhd than any of the many other sources of diabetes information I
> have read over that period. I praise you all in other places.
>
> Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it or hijack Evelyn's good news. I'll
> drop in here once in a blue moon, but on asd never again.
>
> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d & e; metformin 2000mg

I do understand Alan, and I do believe that I've always said what a great
help you have been to me personally, but...I still don't believe *you*
should have advertised your book with a link there. You could easily have
emailed just about anybody to mention it for you, I know I would have, just
like we did for Quentin's book, but...it's an old story now and your
feelings are certainly valid. Take care.

Cheri