Posted to rec.food.cooking
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

wonder how the asians made it all these years? Lee
"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Aug 17, 12:38 pm, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 11:18 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > On Aug 17, 10:40 am, Serene > wrote:

> >> And we died by the time we were 40. :-)

> > That is the usual argument. The reason people died at a younger age
> > was this.......medicine and the advances in medical practice.

> > Life was a bit harder. We were still hunter gatherers. If someone
> > was injured while hunting, or got a cut infected, or broke a bone or a
> > tooth, too bad. Only so much the medicine man or witch doctor or
> > wise woman could do.

> > Longevity increased as medicine progressed.

> Sure, and it's still meaningless to say that we should eat what we ate
> way back then, when life was completely different and our bodies did
> completely different things.
>
> Serene
>
> --http://www.momfoodproject.com

Well, we are not going to eat the same exact things we at as cavemen,
but the principal has not changed as our genetics have not changed
since then. Fresh vegetables, fruit and meats are still the best
building blocks for the human body. Grains not so much.