Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Hi everybody

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:04:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:
>
>: Just to let my friends on this newsgroup know that I had gastric
>: surgery a couple of weeks ago. I have already lost almost 30 lbs
>: from my highest weight. I lost twelve lbs before going into the
>: hospital and the rest since the surgery. The surgery my doctor chose
>: was the gastric sleeve, which is less invasive than the bypass.
>
>: The good news is that I have great energy, and am not using ANY
>: diabetes meds or insulin at this time. My numbers are great, but
>: then I am not eating hardly anything at all. Last night I had my
>: first soft boiled egg. Till now it has only been protein shakes for
>: all my meals.
>
>: I am glad I did it.
>
>: Evelyn
>
>Good luck with it and keep us informed of your progress.
>
>Slad to hear that is seems to be working so well for you. It is nice to
>have you posting again You were missed
>
>Wendy

I drop in from time to time and read whatever is going on. Been
frequenting another newsgroup which is VERY busy with a huge number of
posts and posters, so there is only so much time in a day to
computerize! :-) Thanks for the good wishes, Wendy!