Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Hi everybody

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:44:36 -0500, "KROM" > wrote:

>if you notice she has only had protein shakes and a egg to eat..you too
>would likely not need meds eating 8 ounces of food a day.
>
>this surgery only forces restraint..its not a cure..not that you said it
>was..I'm just thinking of the people who say this "cured" them and nobody
>thinks what if you fed a person the same food no surgery would it have the
>same effect..I think it would..but would be much harder as the surgery lets
>you feel full on that diet while a non bypass person would feel starved.
>
>its interesting stuff to think about
>

>KROM
>

>"atec77" wrote
>Is the weight lost a substantial percentage of you body mass ?
> Good you meds are down

Bariatric surgery is NOT a cure. You have to police yourself as time
goes on. It is a good head start, that's all. You actually CANNOT
cheat. You go to a party or a gathering, and all you can have is a
protein shake which you have brought with you in your little lunch
bag. All I care about is that I am not so hungry and I am able to
satisfy my hunger easily with a very small amount of food at this
point. We will see where the journey goes.

Evelyn