Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 1st corn-on-the-cob of the year!

On 22/08/2011 11:03 AM, James Silverton wrote:

> I've seen corn recently for three for a dollar recently in supermarkets
> but fresher ears cost me 50 cents each a few days ago at a local
> Farmers' Market.
>
> OT, or rather "older topic", three types of donut peach were still on
> sale at the market...Good too!

Around here it is selling for 50 cents per cob $2.50 per half dozen or $
per dozen. A few days I was in a supposed discount grocery store where
they were selling packages of 5 shucked cobs on special...... 2 packs of
5 for $5. I wondered how many people thought the 2 for marketing made
it a good deal.