Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
tycarnell tycarnell is offline

Default Fermenting seems stalled

I am making a 5 gallon batch of Rhubarb-Raspberry wine. My initial SG
was 1.10 after removing pulp bag and topping off. After fermentation
for 4 days the SG was down to 1.04 and I racked into a carboy.
After 10 days the bubbling slowed to one bubble every 2 minutes or so.
Then after 11 more days the bubbling was no existent. The SP at that
point was 1.008 with a Pot Alcohol of about 1%. (It still tasted
pretty sweet). I racked again at that point.
I have since let it sit for another 10 days with no signs of
fermentation. I believe it stuck.
My question is how can I restart the fermentation to get at least down
to 1.000 SG or lower?
I initially used 1 5 gram package of Montrachet yeast. (Not hydrated,
but sprinkled over the top of the juice)
Can I use another package (Possibly hydrated) to restart fermentation?
Could there be any negative affect of adding more yeast at this point?
Or could I possibly adding yeast nutrient to the must without adding
more yeast to try to kick start the existing yeast.
This is my first batch of this size with real fruit so any suggestions
would be appreciated.