Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

Steve Pope wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>>Not to some people. There is a constant stream of denial that eating
>>grain can possibly be damaging to anyone. There is a constant stream of
>>assertion that going grain freee is a fad choice that has zero benefit
>>to anyone. Mnay do argue with success.

> The evidence points to there are a few percent of the public to whom grains
> are toxic in some form or another. The rest of everyone can eat
> grain and have no ill effects. I do not think the evidence supports
> subclinical bad effects of grain in the larger population.
>
> This is not "denial" it is merely skepticism.

So you are not one of those who categorically deny that anyone ever gets
symptoms from eating grain. Nor are you one of those who say that when
the folks who experience the symptoms say so they are making it up.