Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

meh wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:00:53 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > ImStillMags wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> On Aug 17, 3:28*pm, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> >>

> >> Here's a portion of an entry on grains from Mark Sisson's website.

> I >> could provide you some studies from
> >> universities and professors as well.....but he encapsulates it

> quite >> well.
> >
> > Complete load of crap there.

> That was my immediate reaction as well.

Fact is, some people overdo the wheat breads but to say that 'grains
are bad for you' is innaccurate. Some small segment may have wheat
intolerance issues but it is not common. If's a fad more often than
not to say 'I'm allergic to wheat'. A friend of mine was convinced she
was allergic to wheat but loved bread. I made her a loaf. No issues.
It was the preservatives in cheap store bread she was reacting to. My
home made bread has none of that in it.

Everything in balance. You are no more healthy on a predominantly
grain diet, than a grain free one.