Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

On Aug 17, 9:37*am, Ema Nymton > wrote:
> On 8/16/2011 1:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > yada yada, etc.etc........on the food lies......the bottom line for me
> > is that I have lost over 50 pounds and still dropping, I eat GREAT, I
> > have no more joint pain, back pain, I sleep like a baby, I feel really
> > good, younger, more sprightly, etc. I still enjoy a glass of wine and
> > a square of dark chocolate as well !

> If this way of eating is working for you, then you keep going. *If we
> woke up 20K years ago, we would not be consuming the blue box mac &
> cheese, margarine, Twinkies *or coca-cola. Was our bodies intended to
> eat that? *Probably not, so I try to avoid eating processed foods. I
> lost weight eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, yogurt, fruit and
> vegetables, and I eat whole fat. I currently weigh 158, so I still have
> a few more pounds to lose. *I wish you the best of luck on your way of
> eating.
>
> Becca

Thanks Becca. I don't eat that stuff either...............not since I
wised up. ;-)

I'm pretty happy with what is going on with my body, and it seems to
be very happy with what I'm feeding it nowadays.
The big plus is that all the great things the 'health experts' say is
bad for you, I'm eating with gusto and getting slimmer and
more healthy every day.