Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally[_2_] Kate Connally[_2_] is offline

Default 1st corn-on-the-cob of the year!

On 8/15/2011 5:02 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/15/2011 1:22 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
>> My aunt picked up a dozen ears for me at a local farm
>> stand that we always patronize. The only corn I will buy
>> is from a farm stand or one farm market I frequent. I will
>> not buy corn from the supermarket under any circumstances.

> Last year the corn never did come through due to the
> extremely hot and dry weather. That made the first corn
> of the year that much sweeter a few weeks ago. The farm
> stand didn't have any corn, darn! but just then the truck
> pulled up from the fields and it was all good.
>
>> Boy was this stuff good. Maybe it was mostly that it's been
>> a year since I had any but I wanted to eat the whole dozen
>> ears at one sitting. Luckily I had only cooked 2 ears, so that's
>> all I ate. Now I'll have some for other meals. ;-)

> Fresh corn on the cob is only around for a relatively short
> amount of time, I say eat it while you got it! Hee.
>>
>> I cooked it in the microwaves and rolled each ear in butter and
>> then sprinkled lightly with salt and then lots of smoked paprika.
>> Yum!

> I'm going to have to try that next time.

It's also good without the salt, just the paprika. My smoke paprika
is almost gone so I'm switching to ancho chile powder when I run out.
That's good also. And I might try the chipotle chile powder also.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”