Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally[_2_] Kate Connally[_2_] is offline

Default 1st corn-on-the-cob of the year!

On 8/15/2011 3:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:22:14 -0400, Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> My aunt picked up a dozen ears for me at a local farm
>> stand that we always patronize. The only corn I will buy
>> is from a farm stand or one farm market I frequent. I will
>> not buy corn from the supermarket under any circumstances.

> Shramm farm? My brother and I were just talking about them. We lived
> adjacent to their previous farm.
>
> -sw

Yes, Schramm's. But this year their corn is $6.50/doz. and it's
no longer a baker's dozen. :-( Of course it's gone up everywhere.
The corn I got was $5/doz. - last year it was $4/doz.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”