Mark L.

Default Concentrated Juice...100% Juice???

In the past, I've used the 100%juice welch's concentrate. Make sure
it says 100% juice on it. You want to avoid anything that has "high
fructose corn syrup" in it. Some may contain high levels of sulphite
and/or potassuim sorbate which will inhibit yeast activation. Watch
out for those. However, sulphites can blow off in about 24 hrs. with
some vigorous stirring...then add yeast. Although I haven't done them
in quite a while, I've made the following with tremendous success:

white grape raspberry
white grape cranberry
white grape peach
concord (was good for a concord, but I don't like the foxiness)

Usually 10 cans plus about 4lbs sugar yield 5 1/2 gallons of must that
will give around 12.5% potential alcohol. Dissolve the sugar in
boiling H2O first and make sure the must cools down! Good luck!

Mark L.
Buffalo-Niagara