Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 1st corn-on-the-cob of the year!

On 15/08/2011 1:22 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> My aunt picked up a dozen ears for me at a local farm
> stand that we always patronize. The only corn I will buy
> is from a farm stand or one farm market I frequent. I will
> not buy corn from the supermarket under any circumstances.
>
> Boy was this stuff good. Maybe it was mostly that it's been
> a year since I had any but I wanted to eat the whole dozen
> ears at one sitting. Luckily I had only cooked 2 ears, so that's
> all I ate. Now I'll have some for other meals. ;-)
>
> I cooked it in the microwaves and rolled each ear in butter and
> then sprinkled lightly with salt and then lots of smoked paprika.
> Yum!

I don't eat corn on the cob very often, but the other day I was at the
local fruit stand when the owner came in from the field with a bushel
basket of corn that he had just picked. I took one cob and put in on the
grill to cook while I got the burgers ready. It was delicious.