Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Low carb smoothie. Is it possible?

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 22:48:28 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Angela loves smoothies. I bought 4 (and thankfully only 4) Yoplait frozen
>smoothie thingies. I think you just add milk and put them in the blender.
>I know they contain berries, perhaps bananas, probably yogurt and no doubt
>sugar. So not good.
>
>When I make them from scratch I use frozen strawberries, a banana, rice milk
>and a drizzle of honey. Or if making a dairy one I use real milk, plain or
>vanilla yogurt and again the honey. Again, not good.
>
>I need something lower in carbs and preferably without dairy because she can
>have it only twice a week.
>
>I am thinking I might be able to do a granita type of thing with frozen
>strawberries by just whizzing them up in the Magic Bullet although I haven't
>tried it yet. She might like that.
>
>But can anyone think of how I could do a lower carb smoothie?
>
>Thanks!

I'm fairly new here, been lurking for a couple of months. I don't
know all your daughter's dietary restrictions but you could try almond
milk and frozen fruits for a smoothie. I used almond milk when I
couldn't have any dairy. It's actually quite good.