Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Salmon

On 8/5/2011 8:42 PM, Charly Horse wrote:
> Albertsons here in my area has skin on salmon fillets advertised as
> (steelhead trout? farm raised) $5 a lb a fair price. It's terribly hot
> and I'm not inclined to a long cook either in or out so I thought
> I'd post the reciped I got from cooks country show on tv a while back..
> very simple and fast
> When I first tried this recipe There was no skin on fillets available
> to me so I put the fish on an oiled rack over the boat of cherry chips.
> I thought it came out well. I've got skin on now but I'm not so sure I
> want to put it directly on the wood. It doesn't seem to me it would
> pick up more smoke anyway it's a decent quick cook, I thought you
> might enjoy. btw done on a gas grill
> *******

$5.00/lb is good price for Salmon. I had thought steelhead trout was a
different fish altogether. After reading wikipedia, I guess they are
very similar.

Yea, with all the heat going around, I am not inclined for long cooks
either, indoors or out. Some days, I want nothing to do with any food
that is hot. Just give me a cold cut sub sandwich ...

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...