Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Bread baking pans

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> wrote:

>I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
>This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.
>
>Here are some examples:
>
>This one from Cuisinart. This is just what I ma looking for, but it only
>comes in one sizde, as far as I can tell.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4xdgex6
>

>Here's one from Farberware, but, again, I can only find it in one size.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/43x2anb
>
>I have a set I bought many years ago. I think it was from King Arthur
>Flour. The problem with them is that they are folded metal so they have
>these seams that are nearly impossible to clean. They are similar to
>these, but with a much darker teflon coating and no ridges.
>
>http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...4-1/2-loaf-pan

If you have a JoAnn fabric store near you, check it out. I don't know
if they have matched sets in the sizes you want, but I did see some
bread pans there. Bed Bath and Beyond also carry several brands of
baking pans.

Don't lock yourself into a matching set. Get the best you can find in
each size.

I am sure the purists will scoff but I have 2 9 x 5 Pyrex pans I use
for baking bread. They have rounded corners and clean easily.

BTW what does your daughter use now and has she said that she wants
something different? Your best bet may be to give her the money and
let her get exactly what she wants. Sometimes cooks have very
definite ideas about what they need or want.
--
Susan N.