Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Coconut JUICE is NOT coconut MILK!!

On 8/4/2011 10:47 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/4/2011 4:43 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> Coconuts are filled with drinkable water. This is a wonderful thing if
>> you're even on a tropical island with no fresh drinking water.

> It's all the rage these days. I bought a container last time I
> was at Whole Foods to see what the fuss is about. Maybe it's
> the brand I picked up, blech.
>
> nancy

I've had real coconut water before. You would think that it would have a
nice coconut taste but mostly the taste is as you described - blech.
Don't get me wrong - the people whose lives coconut water has saved
probably think it's the best water they've ever tasted.