Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing problems

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>>I am on a well and cistern. The problem was in a drain, so it has
>>nothing to do with the the feed lines.

> In my experience drain pipes fail more often then feed pipes. Not
> sure why, but it might be the inside of the pipe is more prone to
> alternate exposure to water and air and that this promotes corrosion.
> I've often seen a drain pipe corroded clear through, but not feed pipes.
>
> Steve

We had a hurricane just stall and sit here; I believe it was Georges. The
wind and rain seemed to blow sideways for hours. Afterwards, our roof
appeared unharmed.
Wrong.
One by one the ceilings began to look stained. One by one they turned loose
and fell to the floor. The rain had blown in the attic vents. Nothing we
could do but let 'em fall. So many people without any roof at all that we
had to wait until the desperate were taken care of. Scared the Hell out of
the cat. They do need their rest, you know? Polly