Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Plumbing problems

On 29/07/2011 1:10 PM, Pete C. wrote:

>> This morning I ran some errands by bicycle. When I got home my wife was
>> frantic about a leak in the dining room ceiling. She wanted to call the
>> plumber back. I was confident that the leak was repaired, but there was
>> likely some water that had leaked across to the other side of the wall.
>> I drilled a small hole where the ceiling was wet and have a trickle of
>> water and a pail under it. I am hoping that it stops dripping soon.

> Fun stuff. Inaccessible plumbing issues are never fun to diagnose,
> repair and patch up after. I would agree that it's unlikely you had two
> separate leaks in such a short time and that water from the original
> leak may have puddled and only shown up later.

It just got worse. I had drilled a hole to give the water an exit and
it stopped dripping after a while. I was out on my bicycle for a couple
hours and there was no more dripping. Everything looked good. Then my
wife used the sink in the upstairs bathroom and I could hear it
dripping again. That means another call to the plumber. Monday is a
holiday so they will be here Tuesday at 9 am. More money ;-(