Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default REVIEW: Trader Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce

Saw this for the first time today, so naturally
I had to buy it. I'm adapted to rather hot food,
so it takes a pretty hot sauce to meet my standards.
This is a good sauce. Adequate heat and a strong
habanero flavor. I've tried other putative habanero
sauces, and while the heat may be there, the habanero
flavor is usually lost. Not so with this sauce.
Heat AND flavor will not disappoint! Another defect
in many sauces is too much vinegar. This sauce is
just about right. It will be a regular in my fridge.

I can't really fault it for anything. A bit of a
surprise is that it is made in South Africa.