Posted to rec.food.preserving
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Where is everyone?

George Shirley wrote:
> Kitty wrote:
>
>> and I can't fry them, due to I can't
>> use flour or bread crumbs cause I'm allergic to wheat.

> I use yellow squash in stir fry, whatever meat is on hand, sliced
> carrots, maybe other veggies, etc. We never use flour to fry zukes,
> eggplant, or other veggies, we always use either corn meal or masa (corn
> flour). That's the way most southerners fry their squash.

Storrmmee also suggested rice flour. There are plenty of starchy
powders that work as coating for deep frying.

I'm also wheat intolerant so wheat based flour isn't an option for me
either. At my house deep fried doesn't mean breaded. Simple as that.
Plenty of foods are better deep fried not breaded than they are deep
fried breaded. Try it and see. Doesn't work for really delicate foods
like fish or squash flowers but it works fine or any land or air meat
and most veggies.