Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes
The reluctant vegan. The reluctant vegan. is offline

Default Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

On 25/07/2011 2:48 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Vegan Diet May Treat Diabetes
>
> By Clarissa Striker
> WebMD
> CBS News
> February 11, 2009
>
> (WebMD) Eating a low-fat vegan diet may be better at managing type 2
> diabetes than traditional diets, according to a new study.

I could make up a new study that suggest that inserting black jellybeans
in your left nostril will cure baldness. If I did it would be as valid
as your nonsense studies.

When a series or fully regulated, carefully monitored studies by
independent organisations with no conflict of interest all support the
same thing - as in low carb diets and exercise for diabetes, then I
might take notice. Until then you are wasting your time.

You clearly have an agenda that is NOT for the benefit of diabetics as
you are going against existing experience and proven research.

I am a diabetic who was in full control, I had BGLs in a normal
non-diabetic range. Now, since switching to a vegan diet they are much
higher and more difficult to control. I have had to increase my exercise
levels and add a wide range of supplements to maintain the same level of
control (as have many other vegan diabetics in my experience) so your
patently untrue BS about vegan being better for diabetics is clearly
nonsense.

The rubbish that you promote is of no use to anyone. There is a problem
for vegan diabetics and you are not helping solve it.