Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Where is everyone?

On 7/18/2011 9:28 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> my mother has an albino squirrell in her walnut tree, she suspects he is a
> red squirrel, because there is just a hint of red on his tail, Lee
> "Doug > wrote in message

>>> Do they have greys?

>> Grey squirrels, which actually range from black through light grey.

About 45 years ago we had an albino fox or red squirrel on our property.
For years afterward we would see squirrels running around that ranged
from near white to a pale red, reckon they were the descendants of that
lone albino. The albino lived for at least three years and then a
neighbors kid shot it and, I assume, ate it. Was neat having one around
for so long. The kids would come in all excited and tell us "Whitey is
back."