Posted to rec.food.preserving
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Where is everyone?

On 7/17/2011 8:35 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> You're not all slaving over a canning kettle, are you?
>>
>> I don't see any posts since July 8.
>>
>> gloria p

> I was. But I'm done with my first batch of B&Bs. Each jar cost me $3
> to make. Yikes.

That sounds expensive until you see what things are selling for in the
stores. A pint jar of Hellman's/Good Foods mayonnaise was priced over
$5 at the store I stopped in today. I'll wait for a sale or make it myself.

I'm sure the nation-wide bad weather (too hot, too cold, too much
rain/drought) will have a major price impact on canned and bottled
vegetable products this fall and winter.

gloria p