Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default lunch

Ingebird wrote:
> My hubby wants to bring lunch to work. He is a newbie and trying to
> figure out lo-carb meals, especially for lunch. He cannot bring salads
> and was thinking more about sandwichs. Any suggestions?

I agree with those who suggest low carb wraps and pitas, filled with
something tasty and low carb: sliced meat and cheese with lettuce/diced
cuke/diced tomato and a little dressing, tuna or chicken salad with lettuce,
and so forth. Many of us use Joseph's brand low carb pitas and wraps, and
there are low carb tortillas/wraps made by LaTortilla Factory and a few
others.

Is the issue with salads refrigeration? If so, an insulated lunchbox with a
coldpack would probably solve that problem--and it would help with some
sandwich fillings, also.

Personally, I like cottage cheese with a small Granny Smith apple diced into
it, although obviously it is not a sandwich! <G> You might want to consider
providing him with a low-carb healthy snack, if he is going to be eating a
less filling lunch than was his habit. Some ideas: roast almonds, one or two
slices of low carb Wasa rye crisp wrapped separately from a sliced ounce
cheese, sliced sweet red pepper and/or cucumber with a low carb dip.