Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Take away the fat kids?

Miche > wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> Why do you say that? I don't think being outdoors is a healthy thing at
>> all. Yes, we need some sunlight for vitamin D. But I can do without all
>> the pollen and pollution and I burn very easily.

>Indoor air is often at least as polluted as outdoor air.

Where Julie is, there is a huge amount of dust and dirt in the
outside air. This is due to poor soil-conservation practices,
overgrazing, underregulated construction activities, etc. The ground
has all been torn up and stripped of its native vegetation. This is
true for hundreds of miles in every direction. It is also an
exceptionally windy area.

So the outside environment is in fact pretty disgusting around there,
as the result of a man-made situation.

Steve