Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Take away the fat kids?

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "Steve Pope" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> I concluded that if I had to move to Dallas (it never happened, but
>> my employer was based there so the possibility was on my mind) I
>> would absolutely need to get a bicycle, and then live somewhere near
>> a metro train stop. There are a few walkable neighborhoods, such
>> as Uptown. Just a few. My place of employment in this hypothetical
>> scenario would have been four miles past the last stop on the Metro
>> line, so one could get there by train and bicycle although it may
>> have been a somewhat hazardous bike ride.
>> Steve

> When I was in Washington last winter they'd added bike racks onto the
> fronts of buses. People hung the bike on it, got on and rode. It
> happened fairly often in spite of intense cold. Clever, I thought.

Yes we have those here and they are a source of many complaints. I don't
know too many bus riders because the buses in this area pretty much only go
downtown, but they say it takes too long to put the bikes on and take them
off. Plus most drivers have an intense dislike for bike riders. They are a
royal pain! I need to be going somewhere but I can't go over 10 miles an
hour (if that) because I can't get around a bike rider. It's either stay
behind them or smash them flat. Because a couple of the roads I drive on
are two lane and no passing. And no bike lane!