Thalocean2

Default Cooking Squash in the oven

>I'm definitely not a fan of adding sweet stuff to squash ( brown sugar,
>syrup, etc..) before baking. Savory spices only please ;-)

Yay!, another purist. The wonderful flavor of so many foods it ruined by
people trying to "spice it up". It keeps me away from a lot of local
resturants. You shoulda seen the pile of sour orange mush that was being
passed of as squash the other day in one of our more "elite" establishments.
Very sad. All most squash needs is butter, salt and pepper. And don't cook it
until it's mush!!! It needs a bit of texture. We're not eating babyfood after
all.

Laura B.