Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What's for dinner?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Got home, put away the food and made a peanut butter (crunchy) and pickle
>> sandwich. I am having it on bread but I sometimes make it without. To
>> do that I take a big dill, dry it well, then slice it in half lengthwise.
>> Spread on the peanut butter and make a pickle sandwich! Also having a
>> small bag of apple slices.
>>
>> What did you have? Or what will you have tomorrow?

> I've been experimenting with cucumbers, which I really don't care for, but
> I've been missing watermelon so I peeled a cucumber, took the seeds out,
> and then sliced it up. I took about 1/2 tsp of watermelon flavored
> unsweetened Kool-Aid sprinkled it on them, added a couple of packets of
> Nutra-Sweet, and stirred it all up. I let it sit for a few hours and it
> really does taste a lot like watermelon. Next time, I'll try it with
> Sweetzfree. Very few carbs and very few calories. Tasty. I have never had
> a pickle and peanut butter sandwich.

Hmmm... I don't like cucumbers or watermelon. Cucumbers I can eat.
Watermelon I can not.

Tonight my mom was sick so I got prepared foods from the organic market at
the other end of town where they live. Cooked chicken breast, pakoras,
falafel, two kinds of rice, corn, vegetable salad and three little cakes. A
gluten free one for Angela. I didn't eat everything. Can't say that I care
for parokas. I had them before and didn't like them either. I like all of
the ingredients. It's the seasoning that puts me off. Too sweet or
something. It has been several hours and I am still tasting it. And the
salad? Never again. I thought it had celery on it so I took a lot of that
part and it turned out to be cucumber! Bleh. The greens were just waaaay
too bitter. My dad didn't like it either. Angela and my mom refused to
touch it. And I had forgotten but the last time I got it, it grew. It was
as though they packed it tightly in the container and when you try to serve
it, it jumps up at you and seems to refill itself. My dad had a paper bag
and he said if he tried to put it in there it would probably overfill the
bag. It was good for a joke but not good for eating.