Richard Periut

Default A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

http://www.vicodin-addiction.com

>>---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---

> Thanks, Sheldon, for the very informative information.
>
> As directed by my dentist, I took two Vicodin tablets every four hours
> for the first 48 hours. I was to have taken one tablet every 4 hours (or
> as needed) after that for the next 48 hours. I haven't needed any, and
> don't plan to take any more. I'll be back at work tomorrow.
>
> Wayne

What a bullshit of a site!

Vicodin, like most narcotic combinations, will not cause addiction in
people that are using it for short term pain control.

I've seen hundreds of patients who were given morphine, demerol, et
cetera, while in the hospital, who never developed addiction. It's those
that take it for a prolonged time (on the order of months), or for
recreational use, that develop the addiction.

Also, unless there is chronic liver disease, or the person in on other
hepatotoxic drugs, at those doses, acetaminophen does not cause damage
when taken for weeks. I know patients with osteoarthritis that have
taken 1 gram of Tylenol Q 6 hours for years, without a shred of evidence
of hepatic damage.

This site was just a blind google search, which led to one of these scam
sites that want propaganda and $$$.

Lastly, I couldn't disagree more with the idiots that compiled this
information; narcotic addicts develop a high degree of tolerance to
narcotics. Therefore, they are not going to get confused or go into coma
unless they take an overdose. For the most part, they will seem to
function like normal humans because they have developed a high degree of
tolerance, and now need the drug even to appear normal (that is, not
shaking , or confused, or with their hair standing on edges (goosebumps
= cold turkey)

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991