Posted to alt.food.wine
godzilla godzilla is offline

Default TN: cooked white Burg, good white Burg, Barolo

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 00:21:24 -0400, Mark Lipton wrote:

> DaleW wrote:
>
> Interesting bunch of wines, Dale. When I find bottles in the cellar
> that I didn't buy, they usually are typically on the order of Yellowtail
> or Riunite
>

>> Fun night with a good friend though touched with sadness. Betsy has
>> been playing principal with several pieces with exposed cello solos,
>> the orchestra had presented her with flowers during bows; she was
>> really touched - and a bit sad as future looks grim for NYCO orchestra.
>> Bittersweet.

> What a nice gesture by the orchestra! As we discussed in NYC, I hope
> for both Betsy's sake and NYC's sake that the NYCO can pull through.
> It'll be a shame if they can't.
>
> Mark Lipton

With orchestras all over the states going belly up left and right
(even the venerable and world renowned Philadelphia Orchestra declared
chapter 11 recently) I am glad that I made the decision to leave that "so
called profession" a half century ago.

Godzilla