Old 03-07-2011, 12:47 PM posted to alt.food.wine
godzilla godzilla is offline

Default TN: cooked white Burg, good white Burg, Barolo

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 00:21:24 -0400, Mark Lipton wrote:

DaleW wrote:

Interesting bunch of wines, Dale. When I find bottles in the cellar
that I didn't buy, they usually are typically on the order of Yellowtail
or Riunite

Fun night with a good friend though touched with sadness. Betsy has
been playing principal with several pieces with exposed cello solos,
the orchestra had presented her with flowers during bows; she was
really touched - and a bit sad as future looks grim for NYCO orchestra.
Bittersweet.

What a nice gesture by the orchestra! As we discussed in NYC, I hope
for both Betsy's sake and NYC's sake that the NYCO can pull through.
It'll be a shame if they can't.

Mark Lipton

With orchestras all over the states going belly up left and right
(even the venerable and world renowned Philadelphia Orchestra declared
chapter 11 recently) I am glad that I made the decision to leave that "so
called profession" a half century ago.

Godzilla