Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Cheese from Costco

Nad R wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote:
> > Nad R wrote:

> >> I have noticed Costco has reduced the shelf space in half for printer inks.
> >> If the trend is like me who now owns an iPad or other touch device,
> >> printing anything is becoming obsolete. The ink on both of my printers have
> >> dried up. I will not be replacing them. If I need something printed which
> >> is unlikely, I will go to Office Max or the local library.

> > Perhaps a little potting soil brushes off an ipad ok, but I sure would
> > not want to use an expensive tablet device in my workshop. Disposable
> > printed copies of reference materials are far easier to use when you're
> > rebuilding a tractor or working on a truck.

> I have done just that
> It is amazing that I down loaded the user manual for my riding zero turn
> lawnmower in my garage last month. The paper user manual lacked that vital
> update for getting the right part for repairs.

I have a PC in my shop which happens to be my CNC controller for my CNC
mini mill and my CNC plasma cutter. It's on a cart and I can go over and
lookup stuff on it if needed (after wiping my hands), and I can print
out docs as needed. A tablet type device would get destroyed pretty
quickly if I tried to use it on any of my work benches / tables or on my
full sized mill tables as I frequently do with printed copies of prints.

> GOD! (Using the name in Vain) what a bunch of wimps here. I bet you buy
> jewelry and never wear it. Just keep it in a safe because someone might
> steal it or lose it or damage it...

I do not own a single piece of jewelry.