Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Cheese from Costco

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:46:19 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:23:38 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >CostCo carries quality. Sams doesn't.

>> Bullshit. Only the dwarf would think canned beans at Sams are
>> different from those sold at Costco. All those big box stores carry
>> the same low end to medioce food products, none are gourmet... they
>> don't even sell decent bread... that's why he eats that low end white
>> bread I'd be ashamed to feed critters.

>I'm afraid I have to generally agree with Sqwertz. I have both Sam's and
>Costco memberships and while there are many products that are common to
>both, Costco typically has higher end products and a larger selection of
>specialty food items. Even for some of the items that are in common
>there are differences, such as Classico pasta sauce where both carry
>3pks of Classico, Sam's carries just the tomato/basil sauce, while
>Costco has a mixed variety 3pk.

RU NUTZ? It's exactly the same friggin' JARRED sauce... just a
different flavor... and next week they will switch. Classico JARRED
sauce is slop no matter the flavor or where purchased.

Btw, finally, after listening to all the tawk today I tried Ro-Tel Hot
diced tomatos w/habaneros, the first time I tried a Ro-Tel product...
they SUCK! They're hot (too hot for me) but are devoid of any flavor
whatsoever, the quality of the tomatoes is awful, not even close to
red ripe, half the dice are smushed, too much skin and seeds, and very
watery, no flavor, just HOT! Great Value (Walmart brand) Fire
Roasted Tex Mex Style Diced Tomatoes are much better in every respect,
excellent quality tomatoes (fire roasted makes a huge improvement),
not all smushed, and in tomato puree instead of watery... contains
onion, garlic, and instead of habanero it contains jalapeno and
anaheim peppers, very flavorful, I enjoyed these... especially since
the can is 25% larger and Walmart's costs half as much as Ro-Tel.
Ro-Tel is a crap product, I won't be buying it again.