Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Cheese from Costco

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:42:26 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

><Ross@home> wrote:
>> One example, Sam's had a couple of skids of Lexmark wireless 4 in 1
>> printers for $38.00 that were complete with full size XL ink
>> cartridges. Those printers cost less than a pair of the same
>> cartridges for my printer so I bought three printers.
>> We did save considerably more than the cost of membership at both
>> places and while we do shop regularly at Costco, there are things
>> about Sam's that we miss.
>>
>> Ross.

>I have noticed Costco has reduced the shelf space in half for printer inks.
>If the trend is like me who now owns an iPad or other touch device,
>printing anything is becoming obsolete.

Just curious, but why would you print so much less that you could do
away with a printer altogether? I have an iPad and an Android phone,
but still print things all the time. Damn if I am going to plop either
unit on the kitchen counter with a recipe or hand one off for a list
of meds at one of my doc visits.

>The ink on both of my printers have
>dried up. I will not be replacing them. If I need something printed which
>is unlikely, I will go to Office Max or the local library.

Long walk.

We print and scan all the time - fax, too. Not everyone can use
electronic transfer of data all the time.

And here at the office we print scan and fax a lot, also. In fact,
there is a repairman here right now replacing the fuser on an old
workhorse of an HP 5Si.

Ain't nothing paperless about my house or my office.

Boron