Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Cheese from Costco

Goomba wrote:

> Chemo the Clown wrote:
> > Went to Costco yesterday and picked up a 2lb block of aged cheddar
> > cheese. The brand is Kerrydale Reserve and it is from Ireland. Cost
> > was $5.99 and it is some of the best sharp cheddar I've ever had.
> > And...what a buy!!

> Great price! 2 lbs for $5.99 or do you mean $5.99/pound?
>
> A Costco is being built near me. I belong to Sam's Club already, so I am
> not sure what I'll do when Costco opens. I hear they're a notch up from
> Sam's Club.

I have both Sam's and Costco memberships. I have a Sam's 10 minutes away
from me, but the nearest Costco is about an hour but is on a route I get
to about once a month. There is a fair amount of overlap between the
two, but Costco does seem to be a bit better on many items quality wise.
If they were equidistant from me I would probably drop Sam's.