Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Boxed pizza

On Jun 24, 10:54*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
> it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
> Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
> boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
> (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
> looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:
>
> http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

My God that stuff was awful. It was fun to help my mother make when I
was a kid, but it was never very fun to eat. The crust turned out
worse than any of the cardboardy frozen pizzas, and while those are
more or less crappy, they *are* fast and easy. This evening I was
busy painting the living room, and my son was happy with a frozen
Jack's pizza that cost $3.
The DiGiorno pizzas are pretty decent, especially the thin crust
type. While I'd prefer a NY style, fresh, yeasty, fairly thin but
with big ol' bubbles in the high gluten crust, I've never found a
frozen pizza with that crust. The thin crust pizzas here in St. Louis
tend to be made with slimy process cheese (Provel), and are far worse
than the better frozen thin crusts.

--Bryan