Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Sla#s[_3_] Sla#s[_3_] is offline

Default Gaggia steam problem

Could anyone offer a solution to a steam problem I'm having with my 'Gaggia
Espresso Dose'. The steam stops after about four seconds. The wand (Silva
mod) is clear and when the "Hot Water" button is pressed there is a good
flow. But when used for steam it just dies out after a few seconds.
I have de-scaled it (even though I live in Scotland and have never had to
de-scale a kettle - ever!). I can confirm it is getting hotter when the
steam button is pressed and it does produce good steam - just not for long
enough to foam the milk.

It otherwise works correctly.

TIA
Slatts